OnBuy the British online marketplace has now signed up enough online sellers to offer more than 200,000 products, with this milestone in place, the marketplace has announced a major TV campaign to hit ITV1 and ITV2 at the end of May.
- Online rival to Amazon now has 200,000 products live
- Four weeks to go until major TV launch to consumers begins on May 29
- Agreements with leading sellers of books, DVDs and Blu-Rays
- Cheapest online price for Ed Sheeran’s smash-hit new album
- Britain’s best value online marketplace with lowest commission fees
Categories and fees
OnBuy now has thousands of products listed across a cast range of categories including books, DVDs, clothing, furniture, electrical and toys including household names such as LEGO, Star Wars and Transformers.
Sellers to sign up include World of Books Ltd – the largest Amazon bookseller in the UK and the fourth largest Amazon seller in Europe – and Chalky’s, a major UK seller of CDs, DVDs and Blu-Ray movies.
OnBuy has 2 plans for online sellers to sign upto, which they can switch between at any time.
- OnBuy Seller – Ideal for smaller traders. Sellers pay a subscription of £19 a month and a selling fee of just 6% on products sold – compared to an average of 15% on Amazon and 10% on eBay. Sellers of many electronics items will pay just 3% commission.
- OnBuy Partner – a premium offering suited for traders with large numbers of products to sell. Again, OnBuy charges these sellers 6% commission on sales –significantly lower than other major online marketplaces. For an £89 monthly subscription fee they receive all the benefits of the OnBuy seller category plus access to a dedicated account manager, prominent placement of products and on-site advertisements. Sellers of many electronics items will pay just 3% commission.
Meet Cas Paton, MD of OnBuy
“OnBuy’s driving force is to treat sellers fairly, giving them an alternative to the existing platforms, which clobber them with huge selling fees and force them to take lower and lower margins.
We believe in our model, which is that straightforward, low-cost options for sellers translate into better prices for consumers. It’s a concept that sellers have bought into enthusiastically, and we now have hundreds of sellers signed up offering hundreds of thousands of products at highly competitive prices.
After our initial launch to sellers, we are now entering the next phase of the journey to becoming a credible alternative to Amazon and eBay.
As part of that process we have listened to the feedback from sellers and, in close consultation with them, we have developed these seller packages to match their needs.
The response so far has been very positive and sellers are making a seamless transition to the new structure.
We are Britain’s best value for money online marketplace and the savings our sellers are making is translating to some of the cheapest prices around for consumers.
For example, we currently have the deluxe version of Ed Sheeran’s smash hit CD, Divide, on offer at just £8.99 – a price which we haven’t seen beaten anywhere online. It’s one small taste of the power of OnBuy and the revolution in online shopping that it is bringing to consumers and sellers alike.
There’s just four weeks to go until the OnBuy brand will hit TV screens nationwide and we would urge sellers to get on board before the advertising campaign begins.”
Managing Director, OnBuy